Lorie Maring focuses her practice on helping employers navigate Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and other state and federal laws impacting the design, implementation and ongoing compliance of their employee benefit plans and programs.
She regularly advises clients on the Affordable Care Act, health and welfare benefits, qualified plans, executive compensation, Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangements (MEWAs) and multiemployer plan issues.
Lorie also represents employers in managing Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Department of Labor (DOL) audits, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance and fiduciary obligations. She serves clients in the public and private sector, including non-profit organizations and trade associations.
Honors & Leadership
- Georgia State Bar Association, Employee Benefits Section
- Women in Pensions (WIP)
- Worldwide Employee Benefits Network
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Forms 1094 and 1095: Complying With Mandatory ACA Healthcare Coverage Reporting Requirements of IRC 6055 and 6056Webinar1.5.17
- Post-Election Updates and Predictions11.17.16
- One Day, Many Solutions Atlanta3.22.16