Lorie is a partner in the Atlanta office and a member of the Employee Benefits Practice Group. She has extensive experience in all areas of employee benefits, including health and welfare programs, qualified and non-qualified retirement plans and executive compensation. She routinely advises employers, including non-profit and government employers, trade associations and employee benefit insurance and risk management consultants on the complex compliance and day-to-day issues arising under ERISA and other federal laws governing employee benefit plans and programs.
Lorie also advises employers on compliance issues involving the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Affordable Care Act (ACA), the employee benefits and executive compensation aspects of mergers and acquisitions, IRS and DOL audits and ACA penalty assessments.
Lorie joined the Atlanta office of Fisher Phillips in 2014 after practicing employee benefits law at both full-service, international law firms and one of the largest employee benefits law firms in the Southeast.
Honors & Leadership
- Georgia State Bar Association, Employee Benefits Section
- Women in Pensions (WIP)
- Worldwide Employee Benefits Network
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- October Employer Webinar10.10.17
- Forms 1094 and 1095: Complying With Mandatory ACA Healthcare Coverage Reporting Requirements of IRC 6055 and 6056Webinar1.5.17
- Post-Election Updates and Predictions11.17.16
- One Day, Many Solutions Atlanta3.22.16
- University of South Carolina School of LawJ.D. 1991, cum laude
- College of CharlestonB.A. 1988