Laurel K. Cornell
Laurel Cornell is a partner in the firm's Louisville office. Her practice involves representing employers in litigation of employment disputes involving Title VII, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), retaliation, breach of contract, and wrongful termination claims.
She also has experience advising and representing employers in administrative actions. While in law school, Laurel was a member of the Kentucky Law Journal.
Laurel was listed in The Best Lawyers in America in 2019 and Chambers USA, America's Leading Business Lawyers, and Kentucky Super Lawyers - Rising Stars since 2013.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America in 2019
- Listed in Chambers USA, America's Leading Business Lawyers since 2013
- Listed in Kentucky Super Lawyers - Rising Stars since 2013
- Chair, Louisville Bar Association's Labor & Employment Section (2012)
- Vice Chair, Louisville Bar Association's Labor & Employment Section (2011)
- Firm Also Ranked Among the Best for Labor & Employment Law5.3.18
- Firm Also Ranked Among the Best for Labor & Employment Law5.30.17
- Labor and Employment attorneys represent four offices1.1.15
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- "Shaping Up Employee Wellness Programs" - Bar Briefs publication of the Louisville Bar Association
- "The Legal Implications of Social Networking in the Workplace" - Bar Briefs publication of the Louisville Bar Association
- "Hold Your Horses! Important Tips Employers Should Consider Before Participating in Derby Entertaining" - Business First
- University of Kentucky College of LawJ.D. 2007
- University of KentuckyB.A. 2003, summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky