Laurel K. Cornell
Laurel Cornell is a member of the firm’s COVID-19 Taskforce, a cross-disciplinary team of attorneys dedicated to advising employers on the many workplace law aspects of the global coronavirus pandemic.
Laurel Cornell is a partner in the firm's Louisville office and co-chair of the firm's Healthcare Practice Group. Her practice involves representing employers in litigation of employment disputes involving Title VII, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), retaliation, breach of contract, and wrongful termination claims. Laurel is the co-chair of the Healthcare Industry Group.
She also has experience advising and representing employers in administrative actions. While in law school, Laurel was a member of the Kentucky Law Journal.
Laurel was listed in The Best Lawyers in America in 2019 - 2021. She has also been listed in Chambers USA, America's Leading Business Lawyers, and Kentucky Super Lawyers - Rising Stars since 2013.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America (2019 – 2021)
- Listed in Chambers USA, America's Leading Business Lawyers since 2013
- Listed in Kentucky Super Lawyers - Rising Stars since 2013
- Chair, Louisville Bar Association's Labor & Employment Section (2012)
- Vice Chair, Louisville Bar Association's Labor & Employment Section (2011)
- More Than A Quarter of the Firm’s Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Edition8.20.20
- Louisville Partner Discusses Legal Issues Connected to Some of the Technology Developed to Help Employers Get Back to Business7.10.20
- Firm Also Ranked Among the Best in the U.S. for Labor & Employment Law4.25.19
- Firm Also Ranked Among the Best for Labor & Employment Law5.3.18
- Firm Also Ranked Among the Best for Labor & Employment Law5.30.17
- Labor and Employment attorneys represent four offices1.1.15
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- fpVirtual Monthly Webinar Wednesdays With our Louisville Office - COVID-19 Employer Update: Vaccines and Litigation Trends2.10.21
- "Shaping Up Employee Wellness Programs" - Bar Briefs publication of the Louisville Bar Association
- "The Legal Implications of Social Networking in the Workplace" - Bar Briefs publication of the Louisville Bar Association
- "Hold Your Horses! Important Tips Employers Should Consider Before Participating in Derby Entertaining" - Business First
- University of Kentucky College of LawJ.D. 2007
- University of KentuckyB.A. 2003, summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky