Kevin Dalton is a partner in the Charlotte office of Fisher Phillips. His practice focuses on counseling clients regarding employment issues and defending clients against claims alleging wrongful discharge, discrimination, harassment, breach of contract, and wage and hour violations. Kevin provides legal advice to large and small businesses regarding employment related policies, practices, and courses of action. Kevin has also assisted companies in remaining non-union, including responding to unfair labor practice charges and advising employers during union representation campaigns.
Kevin is "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell. He has been selected multiple times by U.S. News for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America for:
- “Employment Law – Management;”
- “Litigation – Labor and Employment;” and
- “Labor Law – Management”
Kevin has also been selected to the North Carolina Super Lawyers list in the “Employment & Labor” practice area. Only five percent (5%) of attorneys in North Carolina receive this distinction.
Prior to entering private practice, Kevin served in the Army's JAG Corps at Fort Hood, Texas, from January 1997 to January 2001. He prosecuted soldiers for violations of the Uniform Code of Military Justice and defended the Army against claims by civilian employees alleging discrimination and other unlawful employment practices.
Kevin was the Judicial Clerk to The Honorable J. Norris Byrnes and thereafter to The Honorable Barbara Kerr Howe of The Circuit Court for Baltimore County from August 1995 to January 1997.
He is licensed in state and federal courts in North Carolina and Maryland.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
Selected for The Best Lawyers in America (2015 through 2019)
Listed as a North Carolina Super Lawyer (2017 and 2018)
President, Union County Human Resources Association (2008)
Board of Directors, Union County Human Resources Association (2007 – 2014)
Member, Union County Human Resources Association (2007 – present)
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- UCHRA Monthly Luncheon9.6.17
- One Day, Many Solutions Charlotte5.5.16
- Squeaky Clean Investigations and Terminations: Minimize Risk and Avoid Common Pitfalls – Charlotte, NC11.3.11
- University of Baltimore School of LawJ.D. 1996, cum laude
- Wake Forest UniversityB.A. 1993, cum laude
- North Carolina
- Maryland Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina