Jeff Thurrell is a partner in the firm's Irvine office. His practice is focused on defending employment related lawsuits and administrative complaints on a variety of issues, including harassment, retaliation, and discrimination.
Jeff represents employers in both state and federal courts as well as before state and federal agencies, such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), and the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE).
He regularly represents employers in unlawful harassment and discrimination matters and also has extensive experience handling complex, multi-plaintiff wage & hour matters.
Jeff also spends a significant portion of his time counseling employers on internal harassment and discrimination investigations, pay practices and workplace violence situations. He is a frequent lecturer before trade groups, associations and private employers.
He regularly conducts in-house management seminars and training sessions for executives, supervisors, managers, and human resources professionals in all aspects of labor and employment law. While in law school, Jeff served as a member of the University of San Diego Law Review.
- Little v. Auto Stiegler, Inc., 29 Cal.4th 1064 (2004)
Honors & Leadership
- Board of Directors & Special Counsel, California Hotel & Lodging Association
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
- Member, Orange County Hotel and Lodging Association
- Member, California Hotel and Lodging Association
- Member, California Restaurant Association
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- The Government is After Me! Understanding Wage Hour Issues for Select Service Hotels
Choice Hotel 2013 Convention
- University of San Diego School of LawJ.D. 1999, cum laude
- University of California, DavisB.A. 1991
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California