John W. Stapleton
Jack Stapleton is an associate in the firm's Atlanta office. He represents management in all areas of labor and employment law in state and federal courts as well as before state and federal agencies.
Jack handles a wide range of employment-related issues including discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, retaliation, wage and hour claims and collective actions. Jack’s practice also includes counseling and litigation in the area of trade secrets, non-competition agreements, and restrictive covenants.
While in law school, Jack was Symposium Editor of the Georgia Law Review, and completed a judicial externship at the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia. Jack also wrote an article analyzing the intersection of social media and employment relations that was selected for publication in the New York Business Law Journal.
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Breaking Bad Employee Behavior: Drugs, Alcohol, Medical Marijuana, Cigarettes, Cursing, Social Media, Attire, Tattoos, Piercings, Body Odor, And More9.29.14
- Fashion or Faith? Dress & Appearance Policies Under Title VII
- Keeping Kosher Under Religious Accommodation Laws
Easy Small Business HR
- Non-Compete and Trade Secrets Blog3.2.16
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog9.22.15
- University of Georgia School of LawJ.D. 2013, cum laude
- University of GeorgiaB.B.A. 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals