John W. Stapleton
Jack Stapleton is an associate in the firm's Atlanta office. He represents management in all areas of labor and employment law in state and federal courts as well as before state and federal agencies.
Jack handles a wide range of employment-related issues including discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, retaliation, wage and hour claims and collective actions. Jack’s practice also includes counseling and litigation in the area of trade secrets, non-competition agreements, and restrictive covenants. Jack regularly writes articles and speaks on a variety of labor and employment law topics, and he provides pro bono legal assistance to Georgia non-profit organizations through the Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta.
While in law school, Jack was Symposium Editor of the Georgia Law Review, and completed a judicial externship at the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia. Jack also wrote an article analyzing the intersection of social media and employment relations that was selected for publication in the New York Business Law Journal.
Jack has been listed as a Georgia Super Lawyers - Rising Star.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Georgia Super Lawyers - Rising Star 2018
- Georgia Craft Brewers Guild, Allied Trade Member
- Atlanta Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia, Labor & Employment Section
- State Bar of Georgia, Labor & Employment Mentorship Academy (2016-17)
- Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta, Volunteer Attorney
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Sports Network Volunteer
- Boys & Girls Club of Metro Atlanta, Volunteer
- UGA Alumni Association
- UGA Law School Alumni Association
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Gwinnett Chamber Human Resource Management Association (HRMA)8.17.17
- Breaking Bad Employee Behavior: Drugs, Alcohol, Medical Marijuana, Cigarettes, Cursing, Social Media, Attire, Tattoos, Piercings, Body Odor, And More9.29.14
- Fashion or Faith? Dress & Appearance Policies Under Title VII
- Keeping Kosher Under Religious Accommodation Laws
Easy Small Business HR
- Non-Compete and Trade Secrets Blog3.2.16
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog9.22.15
- University of Georgia School of LawJ.D. 2013, cum laude
- University of GeorgiaB.B.A. 2010
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia