John A. Mavros is a partner in the firm’s Irvine office. He regularly litigates employment claims on behalf of management and employers. John represents his clients in all aspects of employment law, including wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. He also defends unpaid wage claims, on both an individual and class action basis, arising from minimum wage, overtime, and meal/rest period claims.
A significant part of John's practice involves legal counsel for day-to-day workforce issues. This includes topics such as employee hiring, discipline, and terminations, as well as medical leaves of absences. John also regularly assists his clients with employee handbook preparation and sexual harassment training.
John is known for being responsive to the needs of his clients and providing a high level of service his clients can trust. John is an active sponsor of the Asian American Hotel Owners Association (AAHOA) and the Anaheim/Orange County Hotel and Lodging Association (AOCHLA). In law school, John graduated cum laude and was a member of Chapman Law Review's Executive Board. He also served as an extern for the Honorable George P. Schiavelli of the U.S. District Court, Central District of California, in Los Angeles.
Before attending law school, John worked for a hotel management company that focused on revitalizing and restoring profitability to hotels and motels. John’s experience in this industry has allowed him to provide unique insights for his hospitality clients and to understand that customer service is a number one priority.
Honors & Leadership
- Orange County Bar Association (OCBA)
- UC Irvine – Dean’s Leadership Society
- Asian American Hotel Owner’s Association (AAHOA)
- Anaheim/Orange County Hotel and Lodging Association
- California Hotel & Lodging Association
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
AAHOA Town Hall – Three Case Studies in Employment Law: What’s the Worst That Could Happen?”
- What California Employers Need to Know1.31.17
- Are Your Employees Still Exempt?10.17.16
- Chapman University School of LawJ.D. 2008, cum laude
- University of California, IrvineB.A. 2003, cum laude
- Supreme Court of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California