Jocelyn is a nationally recognized business immigration attorney, guiding companies throughout the country on how to effectively navigate U.S. immigration law. She has extensive experience in all areas of business immigration, including helping clients stay informed of current changes in the law, handling nonimmigration and immigration visa applications, securing outbound visas and developing global mobility plans. She represents local, national and multi-national companies in such industries as financial services, information technology, construction, hospitality, manufacturing, professional sports and other fields.
In addition to her expertise regarding immigration benefits, Jocelyn also provides employer and management training and guidance on I-9 compliance issues, conducting internal audits and representing clients in government investigations.
Jocelyn was recognized for immigration law in the Best Lawyers in America for 2021 and serves on the Steering Committee of the firm’s Women’s Initiative and Leadership Committee. Prior to beginning a career as a business immigration attorney, she clerked for the Honorable Deborah K. Chasanow of the U.S. District Court, District of Maryland.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America (2021)
- Executive Editor, The Georgetown Law Journal
- 2014 Corporate International Magazine Global Award – Sports Sector Immigration Attorney of the Year in Colorado
- Co-Chair, Colorado Lawyers Committee Immigration Task Force, 2009 – 2017
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association (Global Migration Section)
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, New York Bar Association
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
- Member, Sports Lawyers Association
- Member, National Association for Women Lawyers
- More Than A Quarter of the Firm’s Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Edition8.20.20
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Denver Annual Seminar3.3.20
- Immigration Insights Webinar Series2.13.20
- Denver Annual Seminar4.17.18
- Fisher Phillips Annual Las Vegas Seminar10.13.17
- Denver’s Labor and Employment Law Update5.2.17
- Partnered with the Colorado Technology Association2.23.17
- WIPL Conference –"904 Immigration Compliance for Employers: Form I-9s and Other Employment-Related Immigration Topics"
- Fisher Phillips Breakfast Briefing – “Immigration Compliance for Employers: Form I-9s and Other Employment Related Immigration Topics”
- Association of Corporate Counsel Philadelphia Chapter – “Immigration Compliance for Employers: Form I-9s and Other Employment-Related Immigration Topics”
- International Employers Forum – “Global Mobility: Strategies for Ever-Channing Political and Generational Landscapes”
- HR Training Center Webinar – “California Immigration and I-9 Compliance Update: New AB450 Obligations in Effect January 1, 2018”
- Cal Manufacturing and Technology Association Webinar – “How to Comply with an ICE Audit Under California Law AB450”
- Employment Law Seminar – “Global Mobility for Employers” – Denver
- Mile High SHRM, Global PDG – “Global Expansion: Immigration and International Law Issues in Brazil, Germany and the UK” – Denver
- Association of Corporate Counsel – “Updates and Trends in immigration Law for Athletes and Entertainers – Webinar
- Webinar – “Clearing International Immigration Hurdles: Getting Employees Across the Border and the Finish Line in the U.S., the U.K., and Germany” – Webinar
- Employment Law Seminar – “Updates and Trends in Immigration” – Denver
- Employment Law Seminar - "Where Immigration and Employment Law Collide" - Los Angeles
- Employment Law Seminar - "Employment-Based Visa Options and Compliance" - Denver
- Association of Corporate Counsel, Sports & Entertainment Legal Quick Hit Webinar - "Immigration Issues for Athletes and Actors"
- Business & Legal Resources/HR Hero Webinar - "H-2B Visa Compliance Deadline: How to Meet Employer Obligations Before April 23"
- Employment Law Seminar - "Essential U.S. Immigration: Managing Your Foreign Workforce and Navigating Compliance Laws" - Houston
- Employment Law Seminar - "Essential Immigration: Managing Your Foreign Workforce and Complying with U.S. Immigration Laws" - Chicago
- Association of Corporate Counsel - "Hot Topics in Immigration and Related Employment Law: I-9 & E-Verify, Visas, and Unfair Employment Practices" - Denver
- Employment Law Seminar - "Where Immigration and Employment Law Collide" - Denver
- ACC Quick Counsel (co-author) - "How Can Foreign Professional Athletes Remain in The United States When the Crowds Stop Cheering?"
- ACC Quick Counsel (co-author) - "Immigration Issues For Athletes And Actors"
- Labor and Employment Law - American Bar Association - "Tough Skating For Hockey Stars Seeking Permanent Residence"
- 89 Geo L.J. 2557 - "Women, War and International Law: The Historical Treatment of Gender-Based War Crimes"
- Cross Border Employer Blog1.15.21
- Cross Border Employer Blog1.7.21
- Cross Border Employer Blog8.31.18
- Cross Border Employer Blog6.12.17
- FAQs Regarding California AB450 – The Immigrant Worker Protection Act12.27.17
- Decision Sets Up Inevitable Date At Supreme Court5.26.17
- What Latest Development Means for Employers2.6.17
- Georgetown UniversityJ.D. 2002
- University of MarylandB.A. 1996
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Colorado Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland