Jocelyn is a partner in the Denver office and is a member of the firm's Global Immigration Practice Group. She has extensive experience representing companies and individuals with their immigration and global mobility needs.
Jocelyn represents a broad variety of companies and individuals with all types of business-related nonimmigrant petitions (especially H, L, E, O, P and TN petitions), applications for labor certification, employment-based immigrant petitions (1st, 2nd and 3rd preference categories), and applications for adjustment of status and consular processing.
Jocelyn also specializes in providing immigration representation and counsel to various professional sports teams and athletes, including players and teams in the National Hockey League and Central Hockey League, World Champion cutting horse riders and a wide range of competitors in the equine industry. She also has a wide range of experience with seasonal worker visas, family-based immigrant petitions and naturalization applications.
Prior to beginning a career as a business immigration attorney, she also clerked for the Honorable Deborah K. Chasanow of the U.S. District Court, District of Maryland.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Executive Editor, The Georgetown Law Journal
- 2014 Corporate International Magazine Global Award – Sports Sector Immigration Attorney of the Year in Colorado
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association (Global Migration Section)
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, New York Bar Association
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
- Member, Sports Lawyers Association
- Member, National Association for Women Lawyers
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Employment Law Seminar – “Global Mobility for Employers” – Denver
- Mile High SHRM, Global PDG – “Global Expansion: Immigration and International Law Issues in Brazil, Germany and the UK” – Denver
- Association of Corporate Counsel – “Updates and Trends in immigration Law for Athletes and Entertainers – Webinar
- Webinar – “Clearing International Immigration Hurdles: Getting Employees Across the Border and the Finish Line in the U.S., the U.K., and Germany” – Webinar
- Employment Law Seminar – “Updates and Trends in Immigration” – Denver
- Employment Law Seminar - "Where Immigration and Employment Law Collide" - Los Angeles
- Employment Law Seminar - "Employment-Based Visa Options and Compliance" - Denver
- Association of Corporate Counsel, Sports & Entertainment Legal Quick Hit Webinar - "Immigration Issues for Athletes and Actors"
- Business & Legal Resources/HR Hero Webinar - "H-2B Visa Compliance Deadline: How to Meet Employer Obligations Before April 23"
- Employment Law Seminar - "Essential U.S. Immigration: Managing Your Foreign Workforce and Navigating Compliance Laws" - Houston
- Employment Law Seminar - "Essential Immigration: Managing Your Foreign Workforce and Complying with U.S. Immigration Laws" - Chicago
- Association of Corporate Counsel - "Hot Topics in Immigration and Related Employment Law: I-9 & E-Verify, Visas, and Unfair Employment Practices" - Denver
- Employment Law Seminar - "Where Immigration and Employment Law Collide" - Denver
- ACC Quick Counsel (co-author) - "How Can Foreign Professional Athletes Remain in The United States When the Crowds Stop Cheering?"
- ACC Quick Counsel (co-author) - "Immigration Issues For Athletes And Actors"
- Labor and Employment Law - American Bar Association - "Tough Skating For Hockey Stars Seeking Permanent Residence"
- 89 Geo L.J. 2557 - "Women, War and International Law: The Historical Treatment of Gender-Based War Crimes"
- Georgetown UniversityJ.D. 2002
- University of MarylandB.A. 1996
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- Colorado Supreme Court