Darcey Groden counsels and defends employers of all sizes in a variety of employment matters, including discrimination, retaliation, harassment, disability accommodation, civil rights, wrongful termination, wage and hour, worker misclassification, and breach of contract. Darcey also advises clients on compliance with privacy issues, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Prior to joining Fisher Phillips, Darcey was an associate at a large general practice law firm in its Labor & Employment Department. During that time, Darcey gained significant experience in litigating employment cases strategically and aggressively. Among her accomplishments, Darcey obtained summary judgment on all 16 causes of action in a wrongful termination case and obtained dismissal of a complaint for various federal civil rights violations.
After graduating from Harvard Law School, Darcey clerked for the Honorable William M. Jackson in the District of Columbia Superior Court.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, San Diego Society of Human Resource Management
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- San Diego SHRM Employment Law Update: The Essential Guide to New Cases and Legislation for 2021 – San Diego SHRM Webinar
- FMLA Interference and Retaliation: How to Avoid Mishandling Requests for Leave, Interpretation of Medical Certifications, and More – BLR Webinar
- FMLA Certification Inconsistencies & Inaccuracies: How to Spot Trouble Spots & Legally Get Info for Designating Leave & Preventing Abuse – BLR Webinar
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (HR 6201): What It Says & What Employers Need To Do - San Diego SHRM Webinar
- What (Not) to Wear: Dress Code, Grooming & Appearance Policies – BLR Webinar
- FMLA/CFRA Master Class – Managing Serious Health Conditions and Medical Certifications; Mastering Tough FMLA/CFRA Issues – BLR, San Diego
- FMLA/CFRA Master Class – FMLA/CFRA Eligibility; Managing Serious Health Conditions and Medical Certifications – BLR, Pasadena
- Workplace Retaliation: How to Avoid the No. 1 Charge Filed with the EEOC and How to Craft Position Statements that Will Withstand EEOC Scrutiny – BLR Webinar
- FMLA/CFRA Master Class – Managing Serious Health Conditions and Medical Certifications – BLR, Irvine
- Employment Privacy Blog5.20.20
- San Diego County Introduces Safe Reopening Plan To Complement California’s Resilience Roadmap (UPDATED)5.13.20
- Harvard Law SchoolJ.D. 2013
- Stanford UniversityB.A. 2008 (with Honors for Sociology Thesis)
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California