Collin D. Cook
Collin Cook is a partner in the firm's San Francisco and Irvine office. He represents and counsels employers in all aspects of labor and employment law, including employment discrimination, wrongful termination, wage and hour litigation, unfair competition, workplace safety and construction labor law.
Collin also regularly advises clients on workplace policies and procedures, employee classification issues and compliance with California's complex prevailing wage laws. He has represented clients before governmental agencies, such as the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE), Department of Labor (DOL) and Employment Development Department (EDD), as well as in state and federal courts.
Prior to joining the firm, Collin practiced business and construction litigation, where he devoted a significant portion of his practice to representing employers in labor investigations, wage and hour litigation and claims of unfair competition.
Collin has also worked in the Office of the General Counsel of Volkswagen of America and the Legal Department of Hyundai Motor America. While in law school, Collin served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Appellate Justice Daniel A. Curry at the California Court of Appeal, 2nd Appellate District in Los Angeles.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Southern California Super Lawyers - "Rising Stars" (2016)
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, Surety Claims Association of Los Angeles
- Legal Advisory Committee, Associated General Contractors of California
Labor and Employment Law Council, Associated General Contractors of America
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Irvine Breakfast Briefing9.8.16
- San Diego Breakfast Briefing8.18.16
- Human Resource Management and the Law: Complying with Cal/OSHA's Recordkeeping and Reporting Requirements and Successfully Handling a Cal/OSHA Workplace Investigation10.15.15
- Are You Prepared For A Surprise Visit From Cal/OSHA? – Effective Workplace Safety Programs and Avoiding Costly Citations9.17.15
- HCC Surety Group’s “Best Bonds on the Beach” Seminar
"Defense of Claims Asserted Under California’s Prevailing Wage Laws"
Santa Monica, CA
- Labor and Employment Litigation
- Employment Discrimination and Related Litigation
- Wage and Hour Law
- Employment Policies and Procedures
- Prevailing Wage Litigation
- Construction Labor Law
- Automotive Dealership
- OSHA Inspections and Litigation
- Workplace Safety and Catastrophe Management
- California Employment Law
- Loyola Law SchoolJ.D. 2007
- University of California, Los AngelesB.A. 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- Supreme Court of California
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of California