Colin Calvert is a partner in the firm's Irvine office. His practice includes all areas of labor and employment law, with a focus on claims of discrimination and harassment under the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), as well as class action wage and hour lawsuits.
In addition to his litigation practice, Colin is committed to providing his clients with responsive and sound advice and counsel regarding the many day to day issues that arise in the workplace. As part of his advice and counsel practice, Colin routinely works with clients to prepare and implement workplace policies to ensure best practice.
Although Colin has worked with employers in a variety of industries, he has developed extensive experience with employers in the automobile, transportation, property management, manufacturing, and hospitality industries.
Colin's practice also includes traditional labor relations work, including collective bargaining, labor grievances, and arbitrations. Colin regularly appears before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) to resolve issues relating to union elections and unfair labor practice charges and assists clients with respect to potential work stoppages and strikes.
- Labor and Employment attorneys represent 11 offices1.2.18
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Employees Beware: The Ninth Circuit Finds That Unauthorized Access To An Employer's Computer May Create Criminal Liability Under The Computer Fraud & Abuse Act5.3.11
- In California FEHA Discrimination Case, Federal Courts Have Jurisdiction to Determine Whether Obtaining Security Clearance Was a Bona Fide Job Requirement4.7.11
- First Impression Decision: Under WARN Act Quitting Due to Business's Imminent Closing is Not "Voluntary Departure"1.27.11
- Columbia Law SchoolJ.D. 2010
- University of California, Santa BarbaraB.A. 2007, honors
- Supreme Court of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California