Christine Baran is a partner in the firm's Irvine office where her practice is devoted to litigating employment related disputes. Christine’s diverse practice includes litigating cases involving discrimination, sexual harassment, wage and hour claims (both individual and collective actions), unfair business practices, whistleblower claims, workplace violence and wrongful discharge. She represents employers in both state and federal court as well as before state and federal agencies, such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, and the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE).
Along with her litigation work, Christine counsels clients regarding appropriate handling of disciplinary matters, employee terminations, internal investigations, the development of preventive policies and procedures, compliance with state and federal laws relating to wages, leaves of absences, harassment and discrimination. In addition, she regularly conducts compliance and management training and frequently lectures on employment issues for trade groups and associations as well as private employers.
In addition to employment litigation, Christine represents commercial property owners and property management companies in the defense of housing discrimination claims under the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), the Unruh Act, and the federal Fair Housing Act as well as disability discrimination claims under Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Christine is actively involved with the California Fuels & Convenience Alliance (CFCA), the Orange County Apartment Association and the Apartment Association of California Southern Cities.
- GAB Business Services v. Lindsey & Newsom Claim Services, 83 Cal.App.4th 409 (2000)
- Truck Ins. Exchange v. Superior Court, 60 Cal.App.4th 342 (1997)
Honors & Leadership
- Member, California Fuels & Convenience Alliance (CFCA)
- Member, Apartment Association Southern Cities
- Member, Apartment Association of Orange County
- Labor and Employment Attorneys Represent Offices Across U.S.1.2.09
- New York Law SchoolJ.D. 1989
- New York UniversityB.A. 1984
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York