Brett Owens is an associate in the Tampa office. His practice focuses on all aspects of labor and employment law. He defends employers in various actions brought in state and federal courts, including individual claims of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Prior to joining the firm, Brett was an associate with a state-wide Florida civil trial firm, where he focused his practice on civil and complex commercial litigation, construction litigation, insurance coverage, negligent security, personal injury, premises liability, and wrongful death.
Brett earned his JD, cum laude, from the University of Florida Frederic G. Levin College of Law in 2014. Brett also completed his MS in Management in 2011 and his MBA in 2014 from the University of Florida, Hough Graduate School of Business and graduated summa cum laude, with a B.S. in Advertising from the University of Florida in 2010.
While in law school, Brett was a Judicial Intern for the Honorable James S. Moody in the United States District Court, Middle District of Florida. Additionally, Brett served as President of the Association of Law and Business, Vice President of the Levin College of Law Honor Committee, and Secretary of Florida Blue Key.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, Florida Blue Key
- Member, Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Member, Emerge Tampa Bay
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- 2017 Webinar SeriesBimonthly
- University of Florida College of LawJ.D. 2014, cum laude
- University of FloridaM.B.A. 2014 & M.S. 2011
- University of FloridaB.S. 2010, summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida