Andria Ryan is a partner in the Atlanta office and she serves as the chair of the firm's Hospitality Practice Group and co-chair of the Hospitality Industry Group. She represents employers in virtually every area of employment and labor law.
Andria represents employers throughout the United States in defending employment discrimination and harassment cases as well as handling traditional labor matters such as unfair labor practices and union campaigns.
She spends much of her time counseling employers in day to day employment and labor decisions and educating employers about prevention and practical solutions to workplace problems.
She is a frequent speaker to industry groups and human resources professionals on such topics as avoiding harassment in the workplace, maintaining a union free workplace, avoiding discrimination claims, proper interviewing, and effective discipline and discharge techniques.
In 2007, she received the Chairman's Award from the Colorado Hotel & Lodging Association for her development of the Employment Compliance Guide for Colorado Hospitality Employers. She and Fisher Phillips have also been honored by the South Carolina Hospitality Association as Supplier of the Year – Stars of the Hospitality Industry Awards 1994-2015 and the Washington Lodging Association for valuable contributions by an Allied member. Andria is "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Honors & Leadership
- Chair, Labor and Employment Law Section of the State Bar of Georgia
- Guest Lecturer, Georgia State University Hospitality School, Johnson & Wales Hospitality School
- Editorial Advisor, Hospitality Law
- Member, American Hotel & Lodging Association, Human Resources Committee
- Member, Resort Employee Relations Group
- Member, International Society of Hotel Association Executives
- Colorado Hotel & Lodging Association Honored for Employment Compliance Guide12.12.07
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Pregnancy Discrimination: Top Employment Actions that Could Land You in Legal Hot Water and How to Avoid Them5.30.17
- Hospitality Employer Webinar6.21.16
- One Day, Many Solutions Atlanta3.22.16
- What Not to Wear: How to Fashion and Enforce Rules on Tattoos, Piercings, Dress, and Body ExpressionWebinar6.10.15
- ALA Human Resource Management Conference for Legal Professionals, Las Vegas, NV
- Keeping the Lawyers at Bay: Terminating Employees is Risky Business, and the Trick Is to Do It Without Litigating10.1.07
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of LawJ.D. 1988
- American UniversityB.A. 1985