Ashton M. Riley
Ashton Riley is an associate in the firm's Irvine office. Ashton represents employers across a variety of industries including temporary staffing, aerospace and engineering, technology, medical facilities, retail sales, manufacturing, and hospitality. He has a wide range of litigation experience with a focus on both class action litigation and single-plaintiff employment cases.
Since joining Fisher Phillips, Ashton has successfully drafted and argued numerous motions in court and arbitration, including a complete dismissal in arbitration after submitting a motion for summary judgment in which the claimant was seeking over 7-figures in damages and had rejected 6-figure settlement offers. In situations where it is more advantageous to mediate, he has mediated many cases, achieving great results for his clients.
Prior to joining Fisher Phillips, Ashton worked as a law clerk for a Los Angeles-based trial firm. He represented manufacturers and corporations defending product liability and general negligence actions. He completed extensive work in all phases of litigation including discovery, law and motion work, deposition preparation, and trial preparation.
While in law school, Ashton was the Editor-in-Chief of the Loyola of Los Angeles Entertainment Law Review, Volume 35, covering a wide range of topics including intellectual property rights related to street art, unionization of college athletes, and employer use of social media in the hiring process.
He also served as Vice-Chair of the Public Interest Law Foundation at Loyola Law School for two years. In this role, he worked with different Los Angeles public service organizations to promote public service events for his law school community and organized fundraising events for scholarships for students working in public interest externships.
In his free time, Ashton enjoys traveling to remote destinations around the world with his wife or staying local in Orange County with their Maltipoo, Murphy.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Named, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2021)
- Loyola Law School Orange County Alumni Council Founding Member
- Member, Orange County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section
- Narbonne High School Public Service Academy Mentor 2012 – 2015
- Project Youth OCBF Associate Board Member, 2017 - present
- Volunteer, Narbonne High School (2012-present)
- More Than A Quarter of the Firm’s Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Edition8.20.20
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- FMLA Masterclass, Irvine CA
January 22, 2020
- Loyola Law SchoolJ.D. 2015
- University of California, IrvineB.A. Political Science, cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California