Ann Margaret Pointer
Ann Margaret Pointer is a partner in the Atlanta office. She has represented management in labor and employment matters for more than 30 years with a particular emphasis on the agricultural industry. She has been listed in The Legal 500 as "one of the leaders in the country for her knowledge of H-2 agricultural workers."
She counsels and defends many agricultural companies in connection with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), the Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act (MSPA), the H-2A temporary foreign agricultural worker program, the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), and many other federal and state employment and discrimination laws.
Ann Margaret also works for employers in manufacturing, staffing, and many other industries as well. Her areas of practice include advising on compliance issues and defending employers against class, collective and individual discrimination, pay, retaliation, and harassment complaints and lawsuits under Title VII, Section 1981, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
She works with clients under threat of expensive class and collective action lawsuits to investigate claims and to resolve them without the expense, disruption, and other adverse consequences of filed litigation. She is also experienced in suits for injunctive relief and declaratory actions against the US Department of Labor (USDOL) and other Federal agencies and handles collective bargaining negotiations.
Ann Margaret served as an adjunct professor at the Emory University Law School in Atlanta, for ten years where she and other lawyers and judges taught pretrial litigation.
She is a frequent lecturer in continuing legal education programs for other lawyers and business executives. She is “AV” Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and has been listed in Super Lawyers, The Best Lawyers in America, and Chambers USA: America’s Leading Business Lawyers. Ann Margaret is also member of the Advisory Board of CCH Employment Law Daily.
- Comments on DOL’s Proposed H-2A Regulations
- Comments on DOL’s Proposal to Require Compliance with OSHA Ag Housing Rules and to Eliminate Optional Use of ETA Ag Housing Rules
- Amici Briefing to the Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit on Why MSPA Rules Do Not Apply to Seafood Workers
- Amici Briefing to the Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit on the Proper Test for Determining “Employer” Status under the H-2A Program
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- “AV” Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in Super Lawyers
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America
- Listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Business Lawyers
- Member, Advisory Board of CCH Employment Law Daily
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- December 5 - 7, 2017
- November 7 - 8, 2017
- US DOL Investigations - Preparing for the InvestigatorsFlorida Ag Forum 20179.14.17
- H-2B Audits and Wage & Hour InvestigationsAILA8.19.17
- University of Virginia School of LawJ.D. 1976
- Randolph-Macon Woman's CollegeB.A. 1969, cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa