Anet’s practice primarily focuses on counseling and defending employers in the Fashion, Emerging Companies, Technology, Autonomous Vehicles, Automotive, Financial Services, and Hospitality Industries. Anet's practice consists on defending employers against a wide range of employment law claims, including disability, race, age, and gender discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation, and unlawful termination of employment. Anet also defends employers against multi and single plaintiff wage and hour claims. In addition, Anet’s practice consists of pre-litigation/preventative counseling of employer clients, including updating and providing advice regarding the status of changing laws, sound personnel policies, sexual harassment training, implementation of leave polices, employee defection and trade secrets, and compliance with workplace regulations.
In addition, Anet counsels foreign entities regarding a range of issues, including compliance with immigration and wage and hour laws. Anet is familiar with the legal issues facing Latin American entities seeking to enter the U.S. market.
Anet was born in Jalisco, Mexico and lived there until she was seven years old. She can read, write, and speak Spanish fluently. Anet volunteers her time with Public counsel aiding unaccompanied minors obtain Asylum.
Honors & Leadership
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Massachusetts Association of Hispanic Attorneys
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Los Angeles Lunch 'N Learn7.9.19
- Autonomous Vehicles Blog - Driving the Future11.1.18
- Autonomous Vehicles Blog - Driving the Future9.6.18
- Duke University School of LawJ.D. 2011
- University of California, Los AngelesB.A. 2008
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California