Five Business-Minded Tips to Avoid Brewing up a Lawsuit
Joe Gagnon’s article “Five Business-Minded Tips to Avoid Brewing up a Lawsuit” was featured in Craft Brewing Business on September 3, 2015.
It’s an exciting time for the craft brewing industry. Favorable legislation has allowed breweries to increase production and create jobs. With expanding payrolls, however, comes a compliance obligation. Employment laws at the federal, state, and local level can often be confusing and sometimes seem contradictory. With careful planning and consideration, however, compliance is manageable.
In the article, Joe provides five common potential pitfalls that brewing companies should consider to avoid seeing their investment, hard work and passion go down the drain.
- Keep your recipes bottled up.
- Don’t mislabel employees as independent contractors.
- Don’t underserve your employees: the overtime debate.
- Nobody works just for beer
- Filter potential candidates and avoid hiring a lawsuit waiting to happen.
To read the full article, please visit Craft Brewing Business.