The NLRB's New Rules on Expedited Union Elections – Is Your Organization Ready?
This webinar was originally presented on April 27, 2015.
Steve Bernstein and Melanie Webber will present a webinar entitled "The NLRB’s New Rules on Expedited Union Elections – Is Your Organization Ready?" on April 27, 2015.
The union election process is about to speed up drastically beginning April 14 now that the National Labor Relations Board has issued its new rule on “quickie elections.” Is your company prepared to meet the challenges of the abbreviated time to educate your employees about the reasons you prefer to remain union-free?
Over the course of this webinar, you will receive practical insights from our experienced labor lawyers on how best to get your business ready for the new rule that is already fueling increased organizing activity. Along the way, receive step-by-step guidance on:
- Implementing a proactive communications strategy designed to make third party representation unnecessary
- Strategically analyzing potential bargaining units for vulnerability under the agency’s “micro-units” principles
- Identifying your statutory supervisors and properly training them on the early warning signs of union activity
- Tailoring an employee relations model around the unique aspects of your corporate culture
- Auditing your workplace for potential vulnerabilities
- Equipping a rapid response team with the resources they need to effectively respond to the first signs of activity
- Developing templates for position statements and related documents that have you standing “on go” if and when a union shows up
- Constructing a secondary layer of responsive communications that can be deployed within a compressed campaign period
- Lawfully identifying and resolving workplace issues before they “go viral”
- Implementing a sustainable employee relations model that minimizes the likelihood of repeat organizing efforts
By overturning 75 years of legal precedent, the new rules present unique challenges for employers, but opportunities remain for those who are proactive. Get a running start on key initiatives designed to retain your union-free status for years to come. Get practical advice while there’s still time to protect your organization.
April 27, 2015
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Eastern
Watch the Webinar Now
Please fill out the requested information to access the video.