Morris County SHRM 8th Annual Legal Program
Employment law continuously evolves and legislation is either amended or created... who can keep up?
The Society for Human Resources Management-Morris County Chapter in conjunction with the national employment law firm of Fisher Phillips are inviting you to join the Eighth Annual Employment Law Symposium. Our goal is to educate human resources professionals, employment attorneys, business owners and executives on various topics that can be potential legal landmines.
The agenda focuses on legal updates along with tactical strategies to protect organizations and to foster the best work environments for employees.
- Background Checks: A Minefield of Potential Liability
- Marijuana, E-Cigarettes and Other Smoky Things
- Associate Requests Bringing Their Own Devices
- Immigration Compliance – Tips to Avoid and Handle a Government Investigation
- Sex, Gender, Same-Sex Marriage & Transgender Employees
- Recent Developments in NJ and NY that HR Professionals Must Know
- National Labor Relation Board (NLRB) and Your Employee Handbook
- Advice on How to Avoid Litigation Relating to Leaves and Accommodations
This event is hosted by Robert Micera, VP Business Transformation at ADP and President of the Morris County Chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management and by David B. Lichtenberg, Esq., Partner at Fisher Phillips who is also one of the key presenters at the event.
For more information and to register, please visit SHRM.