How To Balance School Re-Openings And New Jersey State and COVID-19 Leave Laws
As New Jersey schools announce their re-opening plans, employers in the state are trying to understand their obligations under different federal and state leave laws. Although the plans vary widely, most schools are making the difficult decision of choosing either an entirely remote learning model or a hybrid of attending remotely coupled with physical attendance. In light of these different reopening plans, New Jersey Managing Partner Rosemary Gousman and Associate Alvaro Hasani are hosting a 60 minute webinar to help employers understand how the (FFCRA) affects the leave rights of employees for differing school schedules and how covered employers in New Jersey must also consider their obligations under state leave laws.
Fisher Phillips will help answer some of the most pressing questions including:
- What type of leave is available for New Jersey employees who need to care for a child whose school or place of care is closed due to COVID-19?
- What type of benefits do the NJFLA and NJESL generally provide to employees who need leave for childcare purposes?
- Would an employee qualify for NJFLA and NJESL leave if the child’s care provider (a person) is unavailable?
- Is an employee entitled to FFCRA leave if they choose to keep the child at home or have the child homeschooled even though the child’s school is open?
- Can more than one parent take paid sick leave or expanded family and medical leave simultaneously for childcare purposes, due to COVID-19 related reasons?
Approval for SHRM/HRCI credit is pending.
Rosemary Gousman | Partner, Fisher Phillips
Alvaro Hasani | Associate, Fisher Phillips
Please contact Jennifer Cameron if you’d like to be added to the mailing list to receive future program invitations.
Fisher Phillips is committed to providing access to all of our events for disabled attendees. Please contact Jennifer Cameron. If you need an accommodation to participate in this event, please give us 72-hours’ advance notice prior to the scheduled event. Thank you.