What Employers Need to Know When Going from Fully Insured to Self-Funded
This webinar will cover what to consider when an employer is moving from being fully insured to self-funded.
This webinar will:
- Describe the terms: fully insured and self-funded
- Briefly describe the laws and regulations that govern self-funded plans
- Discuss the main differences between fully insured plans and self-funded plans from a compliance perspective
- Discuss who is responsible for HIPAA obligations, nondiscrimination testing, fees, ACA obligations, and documents such as the SBC
- Discuss state mandates regarding level funding, including exceptions granted by state laws
- Describe due diligence in level funding
- Discuss claims appeal issues
- Describe the timeframe for transitioning from fully insured to self-funded, including the documents that should be drafted or amended to complete the transition
This 60-minute intermediate level webinar will help employers understand how to go from fully insured to self-funded.