Employment Law Breakfast Briefing – Gulf Coast Locations – May 2011
Hiring Employees You Won't Want To Fire
Good employees are the key assets of any organization. The wrong new hire can harm an employer's business and reputation, decrease productivity, and negatively impact morale. Learn about best practices for recruiting, interviewing, and selecting applicants, as well as limitations on the hiring process due to certain laws such as the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and more.
Reduce expensive and time-consuming turnover by hiring the right individuals
- Learn best practices for recruiting and selecting applicants
- Develop an effective and legally safe employment application
- Avoid the pitfalls of the ADA, Title VII, and other discrimination laws
- Conduct safe and effective background checks
- Interview with confidence
Managing the Evolving Electronic Workplace
Technological advances are constantly changing the way employers do business. New innovations and technological trends also impact the way employees interact with each other and the way companies monitor corporate and individual performance. Learn about the legal limits of using technology to monitor employees' e-mail communications, accessing and reviewing employees' Facebook/MySpace postings, intercepting text messages, tracking employees' activities with GPS, and otherwise using technology to monitor employees' behavior and performance. Receive an update on the developing law regarding employee use of social networking and employers' use of information on social networking sites to make hiring, promotion, and disciplinary decisions.
Run of the mill computer use and email policies are no longer sufficient
- Facebook and Twitter â€“ what can you look at and what can you use?
- Tracking employee activities with GPS technology
- Social networking: should you forbid it or embrace it?
- How far can you go in monitoring employees' private emails?
Seminar Dates and Locations:
- May 20 â€“ Beau Rivage Resort & Casino, Biloxi, MS
- May 26 â€“ Baton Rouge Marriott â€“ Baton Rouge, LA
Registration & Continental Breakfast: 8:30 a.m. â€“ 9:00 a.m.
Program: 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Cost: $95.00 per person, $70.00 per person if two or more individuals from the same company attend.