FP Cares is a not for profit 501(c)(3) that was formed to support the community involvement and charitable activities of Fisher Phillips employees. FP Cares is governed by the FP Cares Committee, and liaisons in each of the firm’s 36 offices have been identified to implement programming throughout the year.
FP Cares has chosen to focus the firm’s community involvement and charitable giving on children for the foreseeable future, and established the following mission:
FP Cares about Kids extends the family culture of Fisher Phillips to the communities where we live and work in order to help kids prepare to become successful members of the workforce of the future.
A few recent projects include:
- In response to the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic, FP Cares volunteers across the U.S. sewed hundreds of non-medical grade cloth face masks which were donated to a Children’s Miracle Network hospital in New Jersey. The masks were given out to patient families visiting the hospital to help keep the kids and frontline medical workers safe.
- FP Cares made the holidays a little bit brighter for kids across the country this past December. Through our collective efforts, we provided gifts and support directly to 13 families with 52 kids, donated presents to at least 16 different organizations across the country which provide care and support to thousands of children, and collected $6,500 to help kids celebrate the holidays.
- The Irvine office held both a traditional and virtual food drive for Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County. The Irvine team collected over four boxes of food and personal care items as part of the traditional food drive and raised almost $1,700 and close to three tons of food as part of the virtual food drive. Due to the Irvine office’s efforts, 4,944 meals were distributed throughout Orange County.
- Members of the firm’s Los Angeles office spent time clearing a backyard, laying down turf, and building a playground set for kids at a local women’s shelter.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss potential partnership opportunities, please contact FPCares@fisherphillips.com.
FP Cares Committee
- Jim Holland, Regional Managing Partner, Kansas City & Chair of FP Cares
- Kathie Caminiti, Partner, New Jersey
- Mike Honeycutt, Partner, Charlotte
- Dave Lentz, Chief Operating Officer, Atlanta
- Danielle Moore, Partner, San Diego
- Jeannie Muzinic, Chief Business Development & Marketing Officer, Charlotte
- Cheryl Pinarchick, Partner, Boston
- John Polson, Partner, Irvine
- Danielle Urban, Partner, Denver