Evan Shenkman is a member of Fisher Phillips’ Executive Leadership Team and leads the firm’s Knowledge Management, Innovation, and Library functions. Constantly at the forefront of change in the legal profession, Evan won the 2021 International Legal Technology Association’s "Innovative Professional of the Year Award," was named to the 2021 Fastcase 50 List, recognizing “50 of the smartest, most courageous, innovators, techies, visionaries, and leaders in the law,” and he received Litera’s 2020 Legal Innovator of the Year Award, recognizing his team’s numerous innovations during the coronavirus pandemic. At Fisher Phillips, Evan’s responsibilities include harnessing the power of A.I. and data analytics to the benefit of firm attorneys and clients; creating processes, practices, and software to allow firm attorneys to work smarter, faster, and more in sync; creating internal and client-facing collaborative tools; and introducing innovative technologies and approaches to help firm attorneys and clients thrive in the modern workplace. Before entering the KM field in 2011, Evan was a labor and employment litigator for nearly a decade.
Outside of work, Evan is a Member of the Board of Directors of Pioneer Knowledge Services, a 501(c)(3) charity that provides KM assistance to charities to help them run more efficiently. He also frequently writes and presents on KM and Legal Innovation topics, and has been featured in The American Lawyer, the ABA Journal, Law.com, the AALL Spectrum, The Modern Lawyer Podcast, LiteraTV, and the Reinventing Professionals podcast, among others.
Awards and Recognitions:
- 2021 ILTA "Innovative Professional of the Year Award"
- 2021 Fastcase 50 Award Honoree
- AV-rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- 2020 Legal Innovator of the Year, The Changing Lawyer Awards (Litera)
- Featured in The American Lawyer, the ABA Journal, Law.com, the AALL Spectrum, The Modern Lawyer Podcast, LiteraTV, and the Reinventing Professionals podcast, among others.
- Undergrad - Cornell University, School of Industrial Labor Relations
- Law school - Boston College Law School
- Professional education certificates - Legal Lean Sigma Green Belt