Employment and Benefits Issues Arising From Mergers and Acquisitions
2:00 PM — 3:00 PM EST
This webinar will center on key labor, employment, and benefits issues that deserve significant attention when your organization is merging with or acquiring another company. We will provide attendees with a better understanding of what areas might deserve extra scrutiny during the due diligence process, creating a greater likelihood of a strong return on investment. We will discuss the allocation of liabilities, building in protections and practical solutions.
The labor and employment discussion will focus on potential liabilities in the areas of trade secrets, restrictive covenants, wage and hour law, equal employment opportunity, immigration, workplace safety, labor, and employee relations. The employee benefits discussion will focus on due diligence and compliance relating to retirement plans, health & welfare plans, and executive compensation.
- Potential issues that can arise after uncovering potential liabilities
- Information regarding employee relations, restrictive covenants, operational issues, and issues of culture and fit between the organizations
- The scope and nature of work associated with merging or terminating employee benefits in a corporate restructuring
- Attendees will also get a sense of which areas will be most important to address post-acquisition
If you have any questions, please contact Marissa Slaven.
- HRCI and SHRM
- The firm is submitting this webinar for credit.
- Fisher Phillips will seek CLE approval in South Carolina, Georgia and Florida as allowed by those jurisdictions. In certain instances, some programs may not be awarded CLE credit because of content, delivery or jurisdictional restrictions.
Fisher Phillips is committed to providing access to all of our events for disabled attendees. Automated closed captioning is available for all of our webinars. For other accommodation inquiries, please give us three business days advance notice prior to the scheduled event by contacting Marissa Slaven. Thank you.