COVID-19 Employment Litigation Tracker And Insights
The COVID-19 Employment Litigation Tracker provides a comprehensive map view of state and federal workplace lawsuits filed against employers as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic, searchable by case type, industry, and company size. We also provide a substantial list of legal Insights summarizing many of these cases and lessons to be learned from this litigation and related court decisions.
This COVID-19 Employment Litigation Tracker includes cases that were a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic and are traditional employee vs. employer cases - both individual plaintiff and class actions. This should be considered a comprehensive, but not exhaustive, dataset.
The Cases by Population tab includes a visual representation of the number of cases filed per one million residents in the state. State population data was determined using the most recent census data available.
The industry and company size tables and graphs were developed using the primary defendant’s information when the case involves multiple defendants. Company size information is provided where the number of employees is available via public resources.
For substantive inquiries about the data, please contact a team member of the COVID-19 Taskforce or your Fisher Phillips attorney. For media inquiries, please contact Meghan Warin or Jenna Gatski Einstein.
Click on an article title below to read the latest on COVID-19-related workplace litigation and trends, or click here to subscribe to our alerts on COVID-19 or other topics.
- Worker Fired During COVID-19 Isolation Can Proceed with Disability Lawsuit, Says Federal Court, February 25, 2022
- Philadelphia Police Vaccine Mandate Latest to be Upheld Despite Legal Challenge, February 4, 2022
- SoulCycle Settles Lawsuit Alleging Pandemic Was Simply Excuse for Pregnancy Discrimination, January 13, 2022
- PEO Pointers: Court Decision Means Employers Could Face COVID-19 Injury and Death Claims for Workplace Exposures, January 12, 2022
- California Court Ruling Opens Door to COVID-19 Claims by Non-Employees Catching Virus from Workers, January 7, 2022
- Yet Another Court Upholds Workplace Vaccine Mandate: What Your Organization Can Take From New York City Schools Litigation, December 21, 2021
- Federal Court Allows COVID-Based Disability Discrimination Lawsuit to Proceed, October 6, 2021
- Kentucky Hospital Employees Latest to File Suit Over Workplace Vaccine Mandate, September 14, 2021
- First Shot Fired: EEOC Files First Pandemic-Related Remote Work Discrimination Lawsuit, September 13, 2021
- Pending California Case Could Upend Workers’ Compensation “Exclusive Remedy” for COVID-19 Claims, September 9, 2021
- FP Tracker Reveals: Hot COVID Litigation Summer Could Foreshadow Trouble for Employers, September 7, 2021
- 7 Steps Employers Can Take While Rehiring to Avoid COVID-19 Discrimination Workplace Lawsuits, August 16, 2021
- What Employers Need To Know as Federal Judge Upholds Houston Hospital’s Workplace Vaccine Requirement, June 14, 2021
- More Lawsuits Are Challenging Employer Mandatory Vaccination Policies, Relying More on Fear, Hyperbole, and Misdirection Than Law or Science, June 9, 2021