COVID-19 Litigation and Class & Collective Actions
Even before many states have opened back up for business, plaintiffs’ lawyers have already begun filing lawsuits against employers, asserting a variety of claims – from workplace safety violations and wage and hour issues, to discrimination and employee privacy claims. Because of the speed at which laws have changed and the rapidly evolving circumstances – and ambiguity on how to manage certain situations – employers have been and will continue to be a hot target for labor and employment litigation arising from COVID-19 in the coming months.
You trusted us to guide you through the front side of the curve as you grappled with keeping up with fast-breaking legal developments, and we are here to advise and defend you through the resulting lawsuits, charges, and other legal claims you may soon face. Our talented team of litigators from across the country has been studying the nuances of the new legal requirements, tracking the varied legal claims springing from the COVID-19 crisis, and developing defense strategies to best position our clients to get through this new era. Our team is prepared to help employers nationwide with legal disputes related to:
- Furloughs, layoffs, reductions-in-force, and other terminations
- WARN Act implications
- Wage and hour adjustments
- FFCRA paid sick leave and emergency family leave
- Workplace safety compliance concerns
- Wrongful death, workplace injury, and negligence claims
- Workplace privacy standards (including medical information, temperature-gathering, etc.)
- Disability accommodation issues
- Discrimination, harassment, and retaliation allegations
- Employee defection, duty of loyalty, and trade secrets
- Class and collective actions
- Fisher Phillips Litigators Pull Back Curtain On 2 Novel Trial Strategies That Will Come Up In COVID-19 Litigation, May 20, 2020
- Litigation Seeking Unpaid Wages From Employers Impacted By COVID-19 Has Arrived, May 7, 2020
- New COVID-19 Lawsuit Sends Warning To Employers Too Large To Be Covered By FFCRA, May 6, 2020
- Fair WARNing: COVID-19 WARN Act Class Action Filed Against Hooters, May 6, 2020
- Develop A Proactive COVID-19 Workplace Safety Plan Or Risk Employees Seeking Court Intervention, May 2, 2020
- What Employers Can Learn From The First FFCRA Interference And Retaliation Lawsuits, April 20, 2020
- Measuring Worker Temperatures Could Lead To Wage And Hour Claims, April 13, 2020
- How To Avoid Wrongful Death And Injury Claims For Workplace COVID-19 Exposure, April 13, 2020
California Litigation Co-Chairs
Click here for other members of our California Litigation Group.
Litigation of Employment Disputes co-chairs
Click here for other members of our Litigation of Employment Disputes Group.
Wage & Hour Litigation Co-Chairs
Click here for other members of our Wage & Hour Litigation Group.
Workplace Safety & OSha Litigation Co-Chairs
Click here for other members of our Workplace Safety & OSHA Litigation Group.