Thomas D. Rooney
Tom Rooney is a partner in the firm's Cleveland office. He has extensive practice in the traditional labor area, including negotiation of collective bargaining agreements, representation of employers in union organizing campaigns and elections, developing union prevention strategies and facilitating union decertifications.
Tom also has substantial experience in defending employers in the areas of unfair labor practice charges and arbitration hearings, as well as addressing Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), family and medical leave and disability issues. His experience before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) includes representation matters, amendment of certification petitions and unfair labor practice charges.
Tom also has an active litigation practice. He has successfully represented employers before state and federal courts and administrative agencies in all areas of employment law, including discrimination, intentional tort, wrongful discharge and wage and hour litigation.
His experience enables him to provide employers with legal and practical solutions to their labor problems, to avoid litigation.
Tom has spoken before attorneys and management groups on cutting-edge labor and employment issues.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, Cleveland Bar Association
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association: Labor Law Section
- Member, Equal Employment Opportunity Subcommittee, American Bar Association: Labor Law Section
- Ohio State University, Moritz College of LawJ.D. 1972
- Ohio UniversityB.B.A. 1969
- Supreme Court of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Supreme Court