Tyler Rasmussen is a partner in the Irvine office. His litigation practice involves representing employers in various aspects of labor and employment law, including employment discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims, wage and hour violations, trade secret protection, and various administrative proceedings.
Tyler also regularly counsels employers with difficult employment issues with their workforce including discrimination and harassment complaints and investigations, disciplinary actions, leaves of absences, and wage-hour laws.
Tyler has defended employers in civil litigation in state and federal court, as well as arbitration. Tyler has also defended employers before federal and state administrative agencies including the Department of Labor, the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE), Department of Fair Employment and Housing, Equal Employment Opportunity Commissions, and the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board (CUIAB). He regularly provides human resource training to clients and speaks to employers and employer groups regarding labor and employment issues.
While in law school, Tyler participated in the Los Angeles Family Law Clinic and served as the managing editor of the Loyola International and Comparative Law Review.
He is also the co-founder of the non-profit foundation "Heartbeats for Tom Rasmussen" which donates automatic external defibrillators to local schools and sports facilities and is active with Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
- Tyler and Lonnie Giamela received a full defense arbitration award in disability discrimination/unpaid wages suit brought against dealership.
- Tyler obtained a full defense verdict during a three day bench trial on an independent contractor misclassification claim brought against a landscaping and construction company.
- Tyler successfully obtained a full defense verdict for a wage and hour claim appealed to Orange County Superior Court, recovering reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs for the defending medical treatment corporation.
- Tyler and Todd Scherwin, on behalf of a franchisee of retail shipping, postal, printing and business services obtained a large settlement against a former employee/manager who attempted to steal customers and information from the franchisee.
- Tyler Rasmussen obtained summary judgment in arbitration on behalf of dealership in a sexual orientation discrimination and retaliation claim brought by a former employee.
- Tyler Rasmussen, with Grace Horoupian, obtained summary judgment in arbitration on behalf of employer in a wrongful termination and retaliation claim brought by a former employee.
- Tyler represents various clients before governmental agencies including, but not limited to, California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, California Employment Development Department and United States Department of Labor Wage-Hour.
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- It’s Never Too Late To Comply11.10.16 - 12.8.16
- It’s Never Too Late To Comply7.26.16 - 8.16.16
11.19.15 – BLR webinar on AB 1825 Harassment Training: Learn the Compliance Obligations Your Organization Must Meet
6.10.15 – BLR webinar on Value-Added Job Descriptions: Strategies, Tools & Technology to Optimize Job Description Content
12.5.14 – Webinar on Paid Sick Leave & Paid Family Leave in California: How to Effectively Administer Paid Time Off in Compliance with State and Local Law
9.30.14 – BLR Paid Time Off Webinar
4.10.13 - BLR Compliance for Supervisors Bootcamp: Performance Management: How to Run a Tight (and Fair) Ship
- Loyola Law SchoolJ.D. 2010
- University of California, Los AngelesB.A. 2007