Timothy J. Murphy
Tim Murphy is a partner in the firm's San Francisco office. He has been a jury trial lawyer for more than 40 years, trying cases involving a wide variety of subjects.
Since 1985, his practice has focused upon jury trial cases concerning sexual harassment, race discrimination, whistleblower allegations, retaliation, wrongful discharge, trade secret protection, and disability discrimination.
His clients have included banks, public utilities, universities, manufacturers, public entities, law firms, automobile dealerships and public officials. Prior to joining the firm, Tim was Chair of the 150 lawyer litigation department for a Bay Area general practice firm.
He also served as law clerk to Judge Spencer Williams of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
Tim is a frequent lecturer on the trial of employment cases to groups of trial lawyers in the employment field and to human resource professionals.
He is "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and has been recognized in Northern California Super Lawyers since 2008.
He has also been listed in Chambers USA, America's Leading Business Lawyers since 2008 and in The Best Lawyers in America since 1989.
Tim was named one of the Top 10 Employment Defense Attorneys in California by the San Francisco and Los Angeles Daily Journals.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Recognized in Northern California Super Lawyers each year since 2008
- Listed in Chambers USA, America's Leading Business Lawyers since 2008
- Selected for The Best Lawyers in America since 1989
- Named one of the Top 10 Employment Defense Attorneys in California by the San Francisco and Los Angeles Daily Journals
- Partners Jason Geller and Tim Murphy Named Northern California Super Lawyers; Attorneys Brent Garrett and Kasia Nowak Named Rising Stars7.7.15
- Fisher Phillips' John Beers and Tim Murphy Named to Northern California Super Lawyers; Kasia Nowak Named to Rising Stars7.3.14
- Fisher Phillips' John Beers, John McLachlan and Tim Murphy Named to Northern California Super Lawyers; Two Attorneys Named to Rising Stars7.8.13
- Fisher Phillips' John Beers, John McLachlan and Tim Murphy Named to Northern California Super Lawyers; Two Attorneys Named to Rising Stars7.6.12
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- 2016 Sacramento Seminar10.5.16
- 2016 San Francisco Seminar9.28.16
- University of Colorado School of LawJ.D. 1972
- Stanford UniversityB.A. 1969