Theresa M. Connolly
Theresa Connolly is a member of the firm’s Essential Business Taskforce developed in response to the COVID-19 coronavirus crisis. The group is dedicated to assisting businesses impacted by shelter-in-place or shutdown orders, ensuring their doors stay open where possible in the face of government orders.
Theresa M. Connolly is the co-managing partner of the Washington, D.C. Metro offices, where her litigation practice focuses on advising and counseling employers in all employment matters and defending employers in all aspects of workplace litigation including complex trade secret misappropriation cases.
She has significant experience representing employers in regards to discrimination claims, harassment, contractor issues, wage and overtime claims, wrongful discharge, contracts, tort actions and injunction proceedings involving non-compete agreements and trade secret misappropriation.
Theresa counsels clients in a wide range of labor and employment matters, including the negotiation of employment contracts, drafting and enforcing restrictive covenants, developing personnel policies and practices, workplace restructuring, workplace investigations, litigation avoidance, and compliance with employment-related statutes and programs such as the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and Executive Order 11246.
In addition to employment litigation and counseling, Theresa handles traditional labor relations matters such as unfair labor practices, union elections, union arbitrations and related proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board. She also provides training sessions for clients to educate managers on the best employment practices in order to manage legal issues.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- ALM’s Legal Leaders: Washington D.C. & Baltimore’s Top Rated Lawyers (2015)
- Chambers USA Guide (2004-2017,2019)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
- Rising Star, Virginia Super Lawyers (2007)
- Top Management Employment Lawyer, Washingtonian Magazine (2007, 2009)
- Top Washington Lawyer, Washington Business Journal (2007)
- Virginia Super Lawyers (2010-2017)
- American Bar Association
- Maryland Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar
- Fisher Phillips Rapidly Launches Essential Business Task Force to Advise Employers Facing a Proliferation of COVID-19 ‘Shelter-in-Place’ Orders3.24.20
- Firm Also Ranked Among the Best in the U.S. for Labor & Employment Law4.25.19
- Farrington Law Firm Attorneys Join the National Labor & Employment Law Firm1.7.19
- Two highly experienced attorneys join firm6.18.18
- Employers Will Soon Face Mandatory Sexual Harassment Training, However10.23.18
- Fordham University School of LawJ.D. 1990
- Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor RelationsB.S 1987
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia