Steven A. Siegel
Steve Siegel is a partner in the firm's Fort Lauderdale office. He has more than 15 years of experience litigating employment disputes at both the trial and appellate level, in both state and federal courts.
Steve also has extensive experience both enforcing arbitration agreements and arbitrating employment disputes. He regularly litigates non-compete and trade secret issues on behalf of national clients.
Steve's focus areas include defending collective actions under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), defending Title VII, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and whistleblower claims.
He has experience drafting arbitration agreements, non-compete agreements, employee handbooks, personnel policies, separation agreements and all other employment related documents.
Steve also devotes a significant part of his practice to advising and counseling clients on employment-related issues, including how to avoid lawsuits and strategies for wage and hour compliance.
He was recognized in Florida Super Lawyers – Rising Stars in 2010 and 2011.
- Musnick v. King Motor Company of Fort Lauderdale, 325 F.3d 1255 (11th Cir. 2003)
- Duke University School of LawJ.D. 1996
- Duke UniversityB.A. 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas