Stephen J. Roppolo
Steve Roppolo is managing partner in the firm's Houston office. He has extensive jury trial and arbitration experience litigating all types of employment claims in federal and state courts on behalf of employers.
He has defended companies of various sizes in cases involving allegations of sexual harassment, discrimination, defamation, breach of employment contract, and other employment torts.
In addition, Steve has successfully obtained injunctive relief on behalf of companies seeking to enforce non-compete agreements against former employees, in some cases obtaining monetary settlements from the departed employees.
His counseling and litigation practice includes extensive work with independent schools and hospitality clients. Additionally, Steve regularly counsels large and small companies regarding day-to-day employment matters.
He helps employers avoid employment litigation by conducting training for managers and developing policies and procedures designed to minimize exposure to litigation claims.
Finally, Steve has developed an in-depth knowledge of employment issues facing automobile dealerships, having represented the Louisiana Automobile Dealers Association as Labor Counsel and having been a member of the firm's Dealership Practice Group since its inception.
Steve is "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and has been listed in Chambers USA, America's Leading Business Lawyers since 2009.
Steve is Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Horak v. Glazers Wholesale Drug Co., Inc., 2006 WL 2017110 (N.D. Tex. 2006)
- Williams v. Fresenius Medical Care North America, Inc., 2006 WL 295392 (S.D. Ala. 2006)
- Chiasson v. City of Thibodaux, 347 F. Supp. 2d 300 (E.D. La. Nov 01, 2004)
- Robertson v. Burger King, Inc., 848 F. Supp. 78 (E.D. La. 1994)
- Tran v. Petroleum Helicopters, 771 So.2d 673 (La. App. 2000)
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America (2018 – 2021)
- "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in Chambers USA, America's Leading Business Lawyers since 2009
- General Counsel, Board of Directors, HR Houston (2017-2018)
- Member, Labor and Employment Committee, Houston Bar Association
- Chair, Labor and Employment Committee (2003-2004), New Orleans Bar Association
- More Than A Quarter of the Firm’s Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Edition8.20.20
- Firm Also Ranked Among the Best in the U.S. for Labor & Employment Law4.25.19
- Firm Also Ranked Among the Best for Labor & Employment Law5.3.18
- Firm Also Ranked Among the Best for Labor & Employment Law5.30.17
- Houston Office Strives to Be Partially Paperless5.24.17
- National Labor and Employment Law Firm Opening its Third Texas Office in San Antonio3.11.13
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Webinar in Partnership with Complí2.28.19
- Webinar in Partnership with Complí2.20.18
- presented by Houston Business Journal7.27.17
- LGT Controllers' Roundtable6.23.17
- Texas Hotel and Lodging Association6.14.17
- San Antonio Full Day Seminar10.14.16
- Houston Full Day Seminar9.16.16
- Hospitality Employer Webinar6.21.16
- Independent Schools Association of the Southwest (ISAS)
- NAES Biennial Conference - National Association of Episcopal Schools
- "Employers Face Liability Year Round"
- "Law Defines how Employers Prevent Workplace Violence"
Houston Business Journal
- "Avoiding Liability for Employee Issues in Dealership Acquisitions"
Dealers' Choice Texas Auto Dealers Association
- Gig Employer Blog10.17.18
- Retaliation and Wrongful Termination
- Employment Discrimination and Related Litigation
- Automotive Dealership
- Jury Trials
- Unfair Competition and Trade Secrets Litigation
- Retail Industry
- Automotive Manufacturing
- Employee Defection and Trade Secrets
- Higher Education
- Employee Benefits
- Litigation of Employment Disputes
- George Washington University Law SchoolJ.D. 1990, with honors
- Loyola UniversityB.A. 1987, cum laude
- Louisiana Courts of Appeal
- Supreme Court of Texas
- Texas Courts of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court of North Dakota