As an associate in Fisher Phillips’ Detroit office, Stephen Gee provides experience in traditional labor and employment matters. His work includes advising and providing litigation services to both union and non-union clients in a variety of industries, including local and national employers within the healthcare, education, non-profit, construction, and automotive industries.
Stephen’s experience includes:
- Defending clients in civil rights matters, complex wage and hour class action litigation, and prevailing wage matters
- Advising clients on the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and religious accommodations, Title VII compliance, and labor relations
- Assisting in Human Resources matters, including wage and hour / paid medical leave compliance, employee disputes, and conducting investigations
- Drafting non-competition agreements, multi-state employer policies, and executive contracts
He has a successful track record of defending organizations before the Michigan Department of Civil Rights, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Michigan Employment Relations Commission, and the National Labor Relations Board, as well as state and federal courts.
Stephen earned his law degree from Chicago-Kent College of Law where he served on the Executive Board of Law Review and was a Student Editor on the Employee Rights & Employment Policy Journal. He is a member of the American Bar Association and the State Bar of Michigan’s Labor & Employment Law Section, and frequently writes on labor and employment issues, compliance, and matters.
Honors & Leadership
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan (Member, Labor & Employment Law Section)
- Firm Welcomes Stephen Gee on the Heels of Joining Forces with The Murray Law Group3.9.20
- Michigan Governor Consolidates In-Person Workplace Safety Requirements And Announces Initial Reopening Standards5.19.20
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of TechnologyJ.D., cum laude, 2014
- The University of MichiganB.B.A., with high distinction
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan