Scott Fanning is an associate in the firm's Chicago office. He represents management in all aspects of labor and employment law. The majority of Scott’s practice is before federal and state courts and alternative dispute forums throughout the United States.
He is experienced in handling claims brought before the EEOC, local administrative agencies, and lawsuits arising under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, and the Illinois Human Rights Act. He has tried numerous cases to verdict before juries and has argued multiple cases in the federal appellate courts.
Scott advises clients with respect to a variety of employment matters, including employee handbooks and policies, severance agreements, and other employee contracts.
Scott also provides a full range of employment based immigration services, including Labor Certifications (PERM), H-1B Visa Petitions, J-1 Visa Waivers, L intra-company transfers, compliance counseling, and audit responses.
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Fisher Phillips Lunch Briefing8.29.16
- Chicago Lunch and Learn1.13.16
- Weed in the Workplace: Medical Marijuana Legislation and the Implications on the Employee/Employer Relationship11.20.14
- Is Your Website Susceptible To ADA Title III Challenges?6.16.17
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of TechnologyJ.D. 2007 with honors
- University of Illinois2004
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana