Steven R. Cupp
Steve Cupp is a partner in the firm's Gulfport office. He has experience across a range of industries, including manufacturing, financial services, construction, and retail.
He has devoted his practice to representing management interests in various areas of labor and employment law, including traditional labor litigation before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), handling Department of Labor (DOL) wage and hour audits, and litigation of Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) cases.
Steve is certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources from the Human Resource Certification Institute and he is an active member of the Society for Human Resource Management.
Steve is also "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and he has been listed in Best Lawyers in America since 2013.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Listed in Chambers USA
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America since 2013
- Senior Professional in Human Resources, Human Resource Certification Institute
- Member, Louisiana Bar Association
- Member, Society for Human Resource Management
- Member, State Bar of Georgia
- Member, The Mississippi Bar
- Firm Also Ranked Among the Best for Labor & Employment Law5.3.18
- Firm Also Ranked Among the Best for Labor & Employment Law5.30.17
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Fisher Phillips Seminar5.19.17
- One Day, Many Solutions New Orleans5.13.16
- What Mississippi Employers Need To Know About New Religious Freedom Law4.7.16
- The Dawn Of A New Wild, Wild West In Mississippi? State Supreme Court Rules On Employees Workplace Firearm Rights3.30.16
- University of Georgia School of LawJ.D. 1990, cum laude
- University of New OrleansB.A. 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana