Samantha Sherwood Bononno
Samantha Bononno is a partner in the Philadelphia and New Jersey office. She focuses her litigation practice on representing employers in a wide range of disputes including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage/hour, and FMLA claims. Samantha is also experienced in traditional labor matters, representing employers in negotiating collective bargaining agreements, advising on contract administration, and handling unfair labor practice charges and arbitrations. She regularly represents employers before administrative agencies, including the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
In addition to her litigation practice, Samantha actively counsels her clients in the areas of disability accommodations, employee leaves, labor relations, employment and non-compete agreements, staffing contracts and severance agreements.
Prior to joining Fisher Phillips, Samantha served as employment counsel for UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, one of the nation's largest hospital management companies. As in-house employment counsel, Samantha regularly worked with senior leadership on a broad range of issues such as hiring, discipline, termination, layoffs, investigations, leave/accommodation requests, classification and pay practices. Her in-house experience has given her a unique perspective on the challenges that employers face in policy implementation, staff management and risk reduction. Samantha’s in-depth understanding of the issues employers face on a day-to-day basis, and in the healthcare industry in particular, allows her to provide targeted guidance in a timely and efficient manner, which translates to cost-savings for her clients.
Samantha was selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” from 2012 to 2016 prior to going in-house from private practice.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, Greater Valley Forge Human Resource Association
- Membership Committee Member, Upper Mainline YMCA
- New Partners Include Over 45% Women12.20.19
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- ACC Greater Philadelphia Employment and Labor Law - CLE Institute, 2.11.20
- "The ADA and Title III Lawsuits: What You Need to Know" - PA Foodservice Expo
- Keystone Employment Law Blog5.11.20
- Keystone Employment Law Blog5.7.20
- Keystone Employment Law Blog3.10.20
- Pay Equity Matters: Mind the Gap11.19.19
- Keystone Employment Law Blog4.27.18
- Keystone Employment Law Blog2.13.18
- Keystone Employment Law Blog12.15.17
- University of Pittsburgh School of LawJ.D. 2009, cum laude, Order of the Coif
- Pennsylvania State UniversityB.A. 2006, with Distinction
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois