Suzanne K. Bogdan
Suzanne Bogdan is the managing partner in the Fort Lauderdale office. She handles all types of employment-related matters, including claims for age, race, sex, disability, religious, and national origin discrimination arising under the various civil rights laws, as well as claims involving family leave issues, wage hour matters, and breach of contract.
Suzanne's practice includes preventive counseling, training, audits, policy reviews, drafting of contracts, defense of claims in the administrative setting, and litigation in all courts.
Suzanne is also the Chair of the firm's Education Practice Group, actively representing more than 100 private educational institutions in employee, student, and board issues.
Suzanne also works with many of the accrediting agencies and school associations, including the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) and the Florida Council of Independent Schools.
Suzanne is a frequent presenter to both educational and corporate associations on all aspects of employment law and risk management in the employment context.
She is "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell. Suzanne was selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2013, 2014, 2016 - 2018 and she was included in the 2012 edition of South Florida's Top Rated Lawyers, presented by Legal Leaders. She was also selected for inclusion in The Legal 500 – Litigation in 2015 and Florida Super Lawyers in 2016.
Suzanne was recognized in the 2014 edition of the South Florida Legal Guide as one of the “Top Lawyers” in South Florida. She also received the Chair's Award at the Ft. Lauderdale Chamber's Annual Meeting for her outstanding contributions to the Chamber.
- Jallali v. Barry University, 167 F.3d 540 (11th Cir. 1998)
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Named 2017 Influential Business Woman by the South Florida Business Journal
- Selected to Best Lawyers in America ( 2013 - 2014, 2016 - Present)
- Selected for inclusion in The Legal 500 – Litigation in 2015
- Listed as Florida Super Lawyer in 2016 and 2018
- General Counsel, Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Florida Bar Education Law Committee and its Editorial Board
- Member, Broward Bar Association
- Member, Corporate Member, National Association of Independent SchoolsMember, Florida Bar
- Education Law Committee and its Editorial Board
- Member, Broward Bar Association
- Member, Corporate Member, National Association of Independent Schools
- Leadership Broward, Class XXIII graduate
- Member of Leadership Broward's Business Day Committee
- Fisher Phillips Regional Managing Partner Appointed 2019 Chair of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce1.3.19
- Managing Regional Partner Suzanne Bogdan Named 2017 Influential Business Woman by South Florida Business Journal5.12.17
- Fisher Phillips Named Top South Florida Law Firm, Four Firm Attorneys Named in 2017 Edition of South Florida Legal Guide1.30.17
- Fisher Phillips Named Top South Florida Law Firm, Five Firm Attorneys Named in 2013 Edition of South Florida Legal Guide1.11.13
- Six Firm Attorneys Named in 10th Edition of South Florida Legal Guide9.23.09
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- School Obligations Regarding Background Checks (including Early Childhood and Summer Camp Workers) and Obligations for Schools Receiving State Scholarship FundsWebinar2.22.18
- The Enforceability of Enrollment Contracts in Florida, Perpetual Enrollment Agreements, and the Legalities and Requirements for Electronic SignaturesWebinar10.19.17
- Criminal Background Checks (Including Summer Camp) and Getting Back to Basics: Proper Documentation Reduces ClaimsWebinar11.17.16
- Florida Independent Colleges and Universities Risk Management Association Annual Conference – Orlando, FL6.24.13
- "Hiring and Growing Great Teachers and Staff," - MidSouth Business Officers Association
- "Legal Issues in the Admissions Process," - Florida Council of Independent Schools, Admissions Officers
- "Bullying and Cyberbullying," - Broward County Non-Public School Association
- University of Miami School of LawJ.D. 1991, summa cum laude
- Barry UniversityB.L.S. 1988, with honors
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida