Sheldon Blumling is a partner in the Irvine office and chair of the firm's Employee Benefits Practice Group. He advises clients with respect to all aspects of employee benefits and executive compensation, including qualified and nonqualified retirement plans, health and other welfare benefit plans, cafeteria plans, severance plans and equity-based compensation plans.
He also advises employers on compliance issues involving the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and all types of federal and state employment taxes, and he has had extensive experience advising clients on the employee benefits and executive compensation aspects of mergers and acquisitions.
Sheldon joined the firm in its Atlanta office in 1998, and then rejoined the firm in its Irvine office in 2003 after practicing in the tax and employee benefits groups at a full-service, international law firm for four years.
While in law school, he served as Managing Editor of the University of Miami Entertainment and Sports Law Review. Sheldon has been listed in Chambers USA, America's Leading Business Lawyers since 2009. He was also selected for inclusion in The Legal 500 – Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation in 2015.
- Special Healthcare Reform Session Will Be Led By Sheldon Blumling At SE Regional Fruit and Vegetable Conference12.12.13
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- “The Dog Ate My Plan Document…and Other Common Employee Benefits Blunders” - Society for Human Resource Management Annual Conference and Exposition - Atlanta, GA
- "ERISA Fiduciary Obligations - How to Protect Yourself, Your Boss and the Company" - Society for Human Resource Management Annual Conference and Exposition - Las Vegas, NV
- “Top Ten Employee Benefit Mistakes and Misconceptions”- Society for Human Resource Management Annual Conference and Exposition - San Diego, CA
- University of Miami School of LawJ.D. 1998, cum laude
- Arizona State UniversityB.S. 1995, summa cum laude