Bob Yonowitz is a partner in the Irvine office of the national law firm of Fisher Phillips, one of the oldest and largest firms in the country practicing exclusively in labor and employment law representing management. He is co-chair of the firm's Employee Defections and Trade Secrets Practice Group. Bob has been practicing labor and employment law representing management since graduating with honors from the George Washington University National Law Center in 1987, where he was a member of the George Washington Law Review.
Prior to practicing law, he also worked for the United States Senate Judiciary Committee Subcommittee on Courts. Bob has deep experience in many aspects of labor and employment law including litigating harassment, discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination and wage hour class action claims, drafting key executive employment agreements and incentive compensation plans.
Bob developed and is the co-chair of the firm’s nation-wide Unfair Competition and Trade Secrets Practice Group. Bob has published numerous chapters, articles and lectures on the benefits of arbitration, drafting employee agreements, and prevention of employee theft of trade secrets. He is a member of the California Bar, and the Labor and Employment Law Section of the American Bar Association.
Bob has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America in 2019 and 2020.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America in 2019 and 2020
- Bad Job Descriptions Breed Bad Hires! Success In Building An Outstanding Organization And Mitigating Legal Risk Starts With The Quality Of Your Job Description2.2.18
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Why Your Company Should Be Using Email Enterprise Vaults, Anti-Deletion Programming and Key Stroke Surveillance Software in the Face of Growing Cyber Threats and Trade Secrets TheftNon-Compete and Trade Secrets Blog4.3.18
- Non-Compete and Trade Secrets Blog6.16.16
- George Washington University Law SchoolJ.D. 1987, with honors
- Rutgers UniversityB.A. 1984, summa cum laude