Raymond Perez is Of Counsel in the firm’s Columbus office. He focuses his practice on labor and employment compliance systems, where he works with clients on the development and implementation of in-depth compliance and governance programs. Ray regularly reviews policies, practices and procedures to ensure they comply with and reflect current state and federal labor and employment laws, as well as address the needs of his clients’ employees and drive a supportive work environment. He works with clients to develop proactive compliance and ethics programs, risk management systems and diversity, equity and inclusion programs, to name a few.
Prior to joining Fisher Phillips, Ray worked in-house for American Honda Motor Company for almost 30 years. In addtion to managing day-to-day legal operations, over the course of his career with Honda he served as a Compliance Officer, North American Diversity Committee member and North American 401(k) Fiduciary Committee member. Ray most recently was Honda’s Chief Audit Executive and oversaw the Internal Audit Division which audited and provided consultation services to all aspects of Honda’s North American operations including research and development, manufacturing, sales, financing and marketing.
Honors & Leadership
- Institute of Internal Auditors, 2015 -2020
- Past President and Board Member, Association of Corporate Council-Alabama Chapter, 2002-2015
- Board Member & Recipient of Distinguished Leader Award (2015), Business Council of Alabama, 2008-2015
- Leadership Alabama, 2009
- Leadership Birmingham, 2006
- American Bar Association, Fair Labor Standards Legislation Committee, Equal Pay Act Sub-Committee Co-Chair, 1999
- Executive Committee and Board member, United Way of Central Alabama, Inc., 2007-2015
- Past President and Board member, Birmingham Zoo, Inc., 2002-2014
- Past President and Board Member, American Lung Association of Central Ohio, 1989-1991
- Raymond Perez Brings Decades of In-House Compliance Experience and a Proactive Approach to Employment Issues9.8.20