Pavneet Singh Uppal
Pavneet Singh Uppal is the managing partner of the firm's Phoenix office. He focuses his practice on labor and employment disputes with an emphasis on unfair competition, wrongful discharge and equal employment opportunity litigation.
Pavneet has extensive experience with state and federal litigation concerning enforcement of covenants not to compete and defending management in lawsuits alleging violations of employment discrimination statutes, contracts and common law rights.
He has experience in designing and implementing alternative dispute resolution mechanisms.
Pavneet counsels employers on preventing discrimination and harassment in the workplace.
He has litigated employment cases, including class actions, in federal and state trial and appellate courts, at arbitration and before administrative agencies. Pavneet also handles employee benefits litigation matters.
- Same-Sex Marriage Ruling Could End Domestic Partner Benefits, Launch New Workplace Discrimination Fights6.26.15
- Veteran Labor and Employment Attorneys Join Firm In Its 22nd Office1.11.10
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Employee Document Essentials – What to Keep, What to Trash and What Could Land Your Business in the Courtroom9.23.14
- Employee Complaints: How to Conduct Effective Internal Investigations Without Triggering Retaliation Claims – Phoenix, AZ4.26.12
- University of Texas School of LawJ.D. 1993 with honors
- University of TexasB.A. 1989 with honors
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
- Arizona Supreme Court
- Arizona Court of Appeals