Nathan K. Low
Nathan Low is an associate in the firm's San Francisco office. He represents employers in all areas of labor and employment law. His practice focuses on defending employers in wage and hour class and collective actions, PAGA claims, single-plaintiff claims, and retaliation and wrongful termination claims.
While in law school, Nathan was a judicial extern for the Honorable David O. Carter of the United States District Court, Central District of California and the Honorable Gregory Keosian of the California Superior Court. Nathan was an officer and member of UCLA’s Moot Court Honors Program and competed throughout the country. He was also an editor for the Los Angeles Public Interest Law Journal.
- Obtained a successful defense verdict for Traffix Devices in an employment matter in an 18-day jury trial. Plaintiff alleged race discrimination, national origin discrimination, unlawful retaliation and wrongful termination, among other claims and asked the jury to award her $12 million in damages. Successfully dismissed all charges. (Barbara Egbuta v. Traffix Devices, Inc. Case No. 30-2014-00759689-CU-WT-CJC).
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2020
- Member, Orange County Asian American Bar Association (OCAABA)
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- "Entering The Unknown: Employers' 101 For Phased Lockdown Lift" - Employers Advisory Council (EAC) Alameda
- "Tick Tock – Wage and Hour Compliance" - San Francisco Employer Advisory Council
- "Selection and Hiring Success Through Best Practices" - Golden Gate Chapter Meeting: Best Hiring Practices
- Effective Hiring, Recruiting, and Termination Practices to Avoid a Lawsuit -San Francisco Employer Advisory Counsel
- Manager Harassment Training - Golden Gate Restaurant Association 2019 Industry Conference
- "Cannabis in the Workplace" - Presenter, Alameda County Employer Advisory Council
- “View from the Trenches on PAGA Litigation” - Presenter, Bar Association of San Francisco (BASF)
- UCLA School of LawJ.D. 2014
- University of California, BerkeleyB.A. 2011, cum laude