Nazanin Afshar is an associate in the firm’s Los Angeles and Woodland Hills offices. Nazanin represents employers and individuals in single-plaintiff, multi-plaintiff, class action matters, and representative lawsuits brought under California’s Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA), involving a variety of issues, such as discrimination, harassment, retaliation, whistleblower allegations, and wage and hour issues. In her practice, Nazanin has represented many clients in mediation and has been trusted with crafting winning strategies that have created favorable results for her clients.
Nazanin also assists her clients in navigating state and federal employment laws, advising them on compliance with wage and hour laws, proper classification of non-exempt/exempt employees and independent contractors, and maintaining up-to-date and compliant handbooks and employment policies to avoid litigation.
Prior to joining Fisher Phillips, Nazanin gained valuable experience advising a wide range of clients from small businesses to multi-national corporations including a chemical laboratory, a construction company, car dealerships, healthcare companies, manufacturing companies, and restaurants. She has advised clients in employment, professional liability, business litigation, and workers’ compensation matters in addition to circumstances involving employee wrongdoing, including misappropriation of funds and violations of HIPAA.
Nazanin has represented employers in state and federal court, and in matters before state agencies such as the California Department of Industrial Relations and the California Department of Fair Employment & Housing – both in litigation and in responding to agency investigative inquiries.
- Firm Celebrates 30 Years of Growth in California with Launch of Sixth Office in the State7.14.20
- Cross Border Employer Blog1.8.21
- Cross Border Employer Blog12.29.20
- Cross Border Employer Blog10.16.20
- University of California, Hastings College of the LawJ.D., 2012
- University of Paris - Panthéon-AssasLL.M., European Union Law, 2012
- University of California, Los AngelesB.A., International Development Studies, 2009
- California Courts of Appeal
- California Superior Court
- California Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California