Megan Winter is a partner in the firm's San Diego office. She handles administrative and civil employment matters before state and federal courts and government agencies.
Her practice involves representation of employers in a variety of matters including harassment and discrimination litigation, wage and hour class actions, and family and medical leave law.
Megan also assists employers in developing workplace policies and procedures, and she regularly advises employers regarding day to day employment issues and ways to avoid employment claims and litigation.
Megan also frequently provides supervisor training for employers. Upon graduating from law school, Megan was awarded the ABA/BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Labor and Employment Law.
She was selected as a San Diego “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers magazine in 2016.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section
- Member, Lawyer's Club of San Diego
- Prior Salary Can’t Justify Gender Pay Disparity, Appeals Court Rules | Equal Pay Day Another Reminder to Review Pay Practices4.10.18
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- WebinarMultiple Dates
- New Laws for 2017 and What to Expect With the New Trump Administration11.17.16
- San Diego Breakfast Briefing8.20.15
- Breakfast Briefing7.16.15
- The Affordable Care Act – Now That You Know The Basics, Come Learn The "Next Level" Tips and Advice You Need to Know About The ACA5.21.15
- Managing March Madness - Office pools, Alcohol, Marijuana, E-Cigarettes, Tattoos, Piercings and Other Maddening Behavior3.19.15
- Breakfast Briefing1.15.15
- Overtime Exemptions and Misclassification Issues: Brewing Wage and Hour Violations Could Seriously Interrupt Your Craft12.3.14
- Fisher Phillips Breakfast Briefing In San Diego - The New California Sick Leave and How to Cure Legal Issues that Arise From Flu Season11.20.14
- Invading Your Employees' Privacy: Finding a Balance Between an Employee's Freedom and an Employer's Need to MonitorFisher Phillips Breakfast Briefing In San Diego9.18.14
- San Diego Breakfast Briefing8.21.14
- “The Highs (and Lows) of Managing Brewery Employees in the Wake of Legalized Recreational Marijuana.” - California Craft Brewer’s Conference
- “How Employee Misclassification Issues Could Seriously Interrupt Your Craft” - Brewers Association - Power Hour April 23, 2015
- “Playing It Smart: Avoiding the Legal Pitfalls of Managing Your Workforce From Hiring Through Termination” - Golf Course Superintendents Association of America Education Conference
- “Electronic Monitoring and Privacy” - BLR Webinar
- "Social Media in the Workplace" - Guest, San Diego 6 in the Morning
- "Elections and Politics at Work" - Guest, San Diego 6 in the Morning
- Pay Equity Matters: Mind the Gap1.9.18
- Pay Equity Matters: Mind the Gap12.21.17
- 9th Circuit Ruling Gives Boost To Pay Equity Claims4.9.18
- The Ever-Evolving Obligations of California Employers to Provide Paid Sick Leave (and New Minimum Wage Requirements, too!)6.9.16
- University of Kansas School of LawJ.D. 2005
- Kansas State UniversityB.S. 2001
- California Courts of Appeal
- Supreme Court of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California