Megan Reese U'Sellis
Megan U’Sellis is an experienced labor and employment law litigator who counsels and represents employers throughout multiple states and industries regarding a wide range of labor and employment issues, including claims of harassment, discrimination and retaliation under federal and state laws, breach of contract, non-competition and trade secrets, and wage and hour violations. Megan has experience defending employers in Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) collective and multi-state class action wage and hour lawsuits.
Megan also advises her clients on a wide range of employment matters, including employee handbooks and other company policies, employee and management training, severance agreements and other employee contracts, and internal audits and investigations.
Megan is a frequent speaker on sexual harassment, employee leave laws (ADA/FMLA), opioid abuse in the workplace, and effective workplace investigations.
Prior to joining the firm, Megan worked as a plaintiffs’ attorney and gained considerable experience representing employees in federal and state court litigation, involving claims of discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation and wage and hour violations. This experience allows Megan to provide employers with the best defense tactics when defending these types of claims and has been essential in obtaining cost-effective and favorable settlements for her clients.
Megan also clerked for the Honorable David L. Bunning, United States District Judge for the Eastern District of Kentucky, after graduating from law school.
Megan has been listed as a Kentucky Super Lawyers Rising Star since 2016.
When she is not at the office, Megan enjoys making memories with her husband, three children and two Beagles. You can find them exploring local parks, animal watching at the zoo, finding new books at the library, vacationing in Disney World, or eating tacos and ice cream. Spending the first 22 years of her life in Wisconsin, Megan is a proud “Cheesehead” and avid Green Bay Packers fan.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America (2021)
- Selected as a Kentucky Super Lawyers Rising Star since 2016.
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- More Than A Quarter of the Firm’s Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Edition8.20.20
- New Partners Include Over 45% Women12.20.19
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- fpVirtual Monthly Webinar Wednesdays With our Louisville Office - Employment Risks: Current COVID-19 Related FMLA, ADA, and FFCRA Concerns3.10.21
- fpVirtual Monthly Webinar Wednesdays With our Louisville Office - COVID-19 Employer Update: Vaccines and Litigation Trends2.10.21
- Airbnb Joins Uber And Lyft, Ending Mandatory Arbitration For Sexual Harassment And Discrimination ClaimsGig Employer Blog11.26.18
- Gig Employer Blog8.29.18
- Gig Employer Blog6.5.18
- Gig Employer Blog12.22.17
- Gig Employer Blog7.27.17
- Gig Employer Blog2.22.17
- Gig Employer Blog8.22.16
- Gig Employer Blog6.7.16
- University of Louisville, Louis D. Brandeis School of LawJ.D., 2009, magna cum laude
- University of WisconsinB.S., 2005, with Distinctive Scholastic Achievement
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky