Melody L. Rayl
Melody Rayl is Of Counsel in the firm's Kansas City office. Her practice focuses on all aspects of employment litigation and counseling.
She has defended employers in individual discrimination, harassment and retaliation litigation from inception through resolution in both state and federal court. Melody has also defended employers in collective action wage and hour disputes and other employment class action litigation.
Melody provides employee training to her business clients on a variety of employment related topics and regularly counsels her clients through difficult situations with an eye to preventing litigation before it occurs.
Prior to engaging in the practice of law, Melody spent 20 years in law enforcement, which provides her with a unique ability to assist clients in effectively investigating claims of discrimination and harassment.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers Rising Star (2011-2016)
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Missouri Bar Association
- Member, Kansas Bar Association
- Member, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Member, Johnson County Bar Association
- Intelligence Analyst - Intelligence & Security Command, Army (1978-1984)
- Board of Trustees, Johnson County Community College (2008-2013)
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Lunch & Learn with Fisher Phillips7.14.16
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of LawJ.D. 2007, summa cum laude
- Washburn UniversityMasters in Criminal Justice, 2003
- Park CollegeB.A. 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri