Mark Jacobs is a partner in the Irvine office. His practice is focused on defending employment-related lawsuits and administrative complaints on a variety of issues, including harassment, retaliation, and discrimination.
Mark represents employers in both state and federal courts as well as before state and federal agencies, such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, and the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE).
Mark has experience in handling complex, multi-plaintiff harassment and discrimination matters, wage and hour and other administrative matters.
A significant portion of his practice is devoted to preventive employee relations programs that include supervisory training and the development and administration of effective human resources policies and practices.
Mark is a frequent lecturer before trade groups, associations, insurance organizations, and private employers. He regularly conducts in-house management seminars and training sessions for executives, supervisors, managers, and human resources professionals in all aspects of labor and employment law, including hiring and firing, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), arbitration, wage and hour compliance, and equal employment opportunity law.
Prior to joining the firm, Mark worked as a Legislative Aide in the California State Assembly and served as a Deputy Attorney General in the California Attorney General's Office.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
- Member, Society of Human Resource Management
- Member, Professionals In Human Resources Association
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- It’s Never Too Late To Comply11.10.16 - 12.8.16
- It’s Never Too Late To Comply7.26.16 - 8.16.16
- November Legally Required Sexual Harassment Prevention Training It's Never Too Late To Comply - Newport Beach11.17.15
- Legally Required Sexual Harassment Prevention Training: It's Never Too Late To Comply - Newport Beach7.28.15
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of LawJ.D. 2000, with Distinction
- University of RedlandsB.A. 1995, magna cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California