J. Micah Dickie
Micah Dickie is a member of the firm’s COVID-19 Taskforce, a cross-disciplinary team of attorneys dedicated to advising employers on the many workplace law aspects of the global coronavirus pandemic.
Micah Dickie is a litigator in the firm's Atlanta office. As a member of the firm’s Workplace Safety and Catastrophe Management Practice Group, Micah represents clients during safety and health inspections by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and defends them during contested OSHA matters. To help avoid litigation, he counsels clients on best practices for mitigating the risk of workplace incidents and OSHA inspections. As a member of the firm’s Education Practice Group, Micah provides school clients with advice on policy reviews, drafting of contracts, and practical solutions to employment issues.
Micah joined the legal profession after ten years of real-world experience managing and operating restaurants, owning and operating his own restaurant, and working as a packer in a distribution facility. These experiences allow Micah to quickly understand client needs and propose efficient solutions to workplace safety and employment issues.
Prior to joining Fisher Phillips, Micah practiced with the law firm of Buckley Beal, where he represented plaintiffs in an array of employment law and business law matters. At the start of his legal career, Micah served as a term law clerk for the Honorable Leslie J. Abrams Gardner in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia. During law school, Micah served as an extern for the U.S. Department of Labor, Office of the Solicitor and the U.S. Merit Systems Protection Board. Micah also served as a member of the Mercer Law Review and was a finalist in the Hugh Lawson and Ruby R. Vale Interschool Corporate Moot Court Competitions.
Micah edits and publishes a quarterly newsletter Focus on Safety for the Georgia Association of Manufacturers and has been published in the Georgia Automobile Dealers Association e-newsletter.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Named, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2021)
- Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta, Volunteer Attorney
- American Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section, Member
- Atlanta Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Georgia, Labor & Employment Section, Member
- More Than A Quarter of the Firm’s Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Edition8.20.20
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog3.4.21
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog1.22.21
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog2.3.20
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog11.5.19
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog10.14.19
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog10.11.19
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog10.3.19
- Conflict Between State And City Orders Resolved: Georgia Businesses May Opt In Or Out Of Local Mask Orders8.17.20
- Georgia Schools Required To Screen Staff And Students While Conflict Between State And City Orders Remains7.16.20
- Georgia Governor Issues Statewide Shelter-In-Place Order Further Impacting Business Community Amid COVID-19 Crisis4.3.20
- Mercer University School of LawJ.D., 2016 magna cum laude
- University of West GeorgiaB.A., 2012 cum laude
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia