Michael P. Avila
Michael Avila is an employment and trade secrets litigator in the Philadelphia office. Mike focuses his practice on representing and advising employers on an international basis, with respect to the gamut of local, national, and international laws that govern today's workplace.
Mike regularly litigates matters concerning legal claims arising from the movement of employees between competitor firms. These issues include: covenants not to compete, non-solicitation and non-disclosure agreements, unfair competition, employee raiding, and trade secrets. He also counsels clients regarding national and international employment agreements, including employee restrictive covenants.
To date, Mike has also successfully defended employers in matters involving claims of discrimination based on race, gender, age, disability, and national origin, as well as claims arising under state and federal wage and hour laws and anti-retaliation/whistleblower protection statutes.
Further, he has represented clients in a variety of industries, including Fortune 50 organizations, international retailers, securities brokerage firms, retail banks and mortgage lenders, global gaming industry employers, defense contractors, health systems, long-term care facilities, and colleges and universities.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Stars, (2015-2016)
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Philadelphia Bar Association
- Member, Delaware County Bar Association
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Philadelphia Annual One Day Seminar9.29.16
- Non-Compete and Trade Secrets Blog5.20.16
- Keystone Employment Law Blog1.13.16
- Keystone Employment Law Blog1.7.16
- Villanova University School of LawJ.D. 2011
- Pennsylvania State UniversityB.S. 2007
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- New Jersey Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania